To download instructions for making a comfort pack bag click here.
Finished bag 36cm x 25cm (A4)
You will need
- 2 pieces of 70 cm x 40 cm
- Two buttons
1. First cut 2 pieces of fabric 70 cm x 40 cm
(27 1⁄2” x 15 3⁄4 “) The fabric may be the same or one may be lining.
2. With right sides together sew down the long edge, along the bottom edge and up the other long edge. 2cm seam allowance is included. Leave one short edge open (like a pillowcase).
3. Turn the right way round, so seams are on the inside.
4. The fabric should be about 2 1⁄2 times the width of a magazine.
5. Fold the open edge inside and pin two elastic loops into the seam about 8cm (3”) from each edge.
Fold the seamed edge so it lies 3⁄4 of the way on top and forms the bag.
Pin across the top, down the edge with the loops and across the bottom. Sew where you have pinned.
6. Finally sew two buttons and put a label on with Handmade by (your first name)
These bags were made for the Linda McCartney Centre in Liverpool to give to people who get an urgent call to come and be with their loved ones. It contains toothbrushes, toothpaste, comb, tissues, sweets, puzzle books, pen etc. contents vary but the idea is to provide people with things that they need during a difficult time.